The Union Government is planning to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Sri Lanka for cooperation in areas of traditional systems of medicine and homoeopathy.
The MoU aims to establish cooperation in the following areas:
• Promotion including the regulation of teaching, practice, drugs and drugless therapies, traditional medicine and homeopathy.
• Exchange of experts for the training of practitioners, paramedics, scientists, teaching professionals and students in traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy.
• Accommodation of interested scientists, practitioners, paramedics and students in institutions for research, educational and training programmes on traditional medicine.
• Mutual recognition of officially recognised systems of medicine, educational qualifications in traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy, pharmacopoeias and formularies.
• Setting up of academic chairs on traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy.
The funding required to conduct the activities under the MoU will be done from the existing allocated budget under AYUSH Ministry’s Central Sector Scheme for the promotion of International Cooperation in AYUSH.
The information was shared by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, Shripad Yesso Naik during the question hour session in Rajya Sabha.