India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 25 January 2017 signed 14 agreements to boost bilateral relations. The agreements were signed after successful talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the UAE Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The crown prince is the chief guest of Repubilc Day celebrations on 26 January 2017.
Some of the agreements signed are –
• Agreement on Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
• Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of defence industry
• MoU on institutional cooperation on maritime transport
• MoU on mutual recognition of certificates of competency
• MoU on bilateral cooperation in the road transport and highways sector
• MoU on cooperation in prevention and combating of human trafficking
• MoU on agriculture and allied sectors
• MoU for cooperation in programme exchange
• Agreement on oil storage and management
• MoU on cooperation in energy efficiency services
• MoU on trade remedial measures to promote cooperation in areas of mutual interest
Who: India & UAE
Where: New Delhi
What: Signed 14 agreements
When: 25 January 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.