India on 22 October 2016 lifted the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup. Team India, under the captaincy of Anup Kumar, defeated Iran 38-29 in the final held at the Arena By TransStadia in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
This was India's 3rd World Cup in the Standard Style version of Kabaddi.
About 2016 Kabaddi World Cup
• The 2016 Kabaddi World Cup was an international kabaddi tournament governed by the International Kabaddi Federation.
• It was contested from 7 to 22 October 2016 in Ahmedabad, India.
• Twelve countries had competed in the tournament.
• The tournament was hosted at The Arena by TransStadia, a newly-constructed convertible stadium in Ahmedabad.
• The official emblem of the tournament was unveiled on 14 September 2016 by Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Vijay Goel. It incorporated a stylized lion, representing the Asiatic lions of Girnar.
When: 22 October 2016