The Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on 10 January 2017 launched new passenger mobile application 'IRCTC Rail Connect' to promote ease of booking a ticket through digital transactions.
The new mobile-based application will replace the old existing IRCTC connect app. With this, a new user registration and activation can now be directly done through this application.
Highlights of the IRCTC Rail Connect app
• It was developed for reserved booking and to increase the ease to users.
• It will bring in the power of next generation e-ticketing system like high performance and enhanced security.
• It offers features like 24/7 service with no time-based checks, bringing together the mobile app with NGET (Next Generation e-Ticketing) for ticket booking.
• It has simple and easy user interface and supports general, ladies, Tatkal and Premium-Tatkal quota.
• It supports other features like advanced security of self-assigned PIN (Personal identification number) to login without entering the username and password on each login.
• This app will be integrated with IRCTC e-wallet for quicker and hassle free transactions.
• Moreover, travellers get the utmost advantage with this app as they can get upcoming journey alerts in this new application.
• It will be inter-connected with IRCTC AIR and IRCTC Food on Track mobile apps to facilitate booking of air tickets and food through e-catering.
• Through this IRCTC Rail Connect app, users can view as well as can cancel old mobile app tickets also.
• It will also be linked to cab aggregators such as Uber and Ola through which passengers will be able to book their cabs as well.
• It will provide payment access to over 40 banks to facilitate payments through Net Banking, credit or debit cards and through wallets like Paytm, PayU and Mobikwik.
When: 10 January 2017