Indian Railways launches IRCTC Rail Connect mobile app
With this, a new user registration and activation can now be directly done through this application.
The Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on 10 January 2017 launched new passenger mobile application 'IRCTC Rail Connect' to promote ease of booking a ticket through digital transactions.
The new mobile-based application will replace the old existing IRCTC connect app. With this, a new user registration and activation can now be directly done through this application.
Highlights of the IRCTC Rail Connect app
• It was developed for reserved booking and to increase the ease to users.
• It will bring in the power of next generation e-ticketing system like high performance and enhanced security.
• It offers features like 24/7 service with no time-based checks, bringing together the mobile app with NGET (Next Generation e-Ticketing) for ticket booking.
• It has simple and easy user interface and supports general, ladies, Tatkal and Premium-Tatkal quota.
• It supports other features like advanced security of self-assigned PIN (Personal identification number) to login without entering the username and password on each login.
• This app will be integrated with IRCTC e-wallet for quicker and hassle free transactions.
• Moreover, travellers get the utmost advantage with this app as they can get upcoming journey alerts in this new application.
• It will be inter-connected with IRCTC AIR and IRCTC Food on Track mobile apps to facilitate booking of air tickets and food through e-catering.
• Through this IRCTC Rail Connect app, users can view as well as can cancel old mobile app tickets also.
• It will also be linked to cab aggregators such as Uber and Ola through which passengers will be able to book their cabs as well.
• It will provide payment access to over 40 banks to facilitate payments through Net Banking, credit or debit cards and through wallets like Paytm, PayU and Mobikwik.