The Union Ministry of Railways on October 5, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Russia’s Ministry of Transport for the development of cooperation in transport education.
The main objective of the agreement is to provide organisational and methodological support to the higher educational institutions implementing joint projects in the field of transport education in the two countries.
The agreement also aims to boost cooperation between the Russian University of Transport and the National Rail Transportation Institute, Vadodara to jointly organise educational transport seminars, including participation in shaping their themes, facilitating the search for partners, organising mutual visits and preparation of methodical and regulatory documents.
The MoU was signed by Indian Railway Board Chairman Ashwani Lohani and Russian Ambassador to India, Nikolay Rishatovich Kudashev.
The Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) was signed between the Railway Ministry and the Joint Stock Company ‘Russian Railways’ on the sidelines of India-Russia Summit on October 5, 2018.
The MoC intends to carry forward the activities taken up under the MoU signed between the two countries on December 24, 2015.
The MoC aims to enhance cooperation between Russia and India in the following areas:
• Implementation of speed up gradation project of Nagpur-Secunderabad section.
• Setting up of single traffic control centre for managing mixed traffic at the local level.
• Best practices in freight cargo operation.
• Development of multimodal terminals.
• Exchange of best technologies being practiced by the two countries.
• Training and advanced qualification improvement of Indian railway employees with the involvement of Russian railway-related higher education establishments.
The agreement was signed by Railway Board Chairman Ashwani Lohani and the Chairman and CEO of Russian Railways, Oleg Belozerov.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.