Vinaya Manchaiah, an Indian-American associate professor at Lamar University in Texas, in the first week of October 2016 was named to the 2016 class of the Jerger Future Leaders of Audiology by the American Academy of Audiology.
Manchaiah is one of only a dozen individuals selected nationwide for the honour.
Who is Vinaya Manchaiah?
• Vinaya Manchaiah is originally from South India.
• He holds a PhD in disability research from Linkoping University, Sweden.
• He also holds a number of degrees including an MBA from Swansea University, United Kingdom, Doctor of Audiology from Nova Southeastern University, MS in Audiology from the University of Southampton, and a Bachelor’s of Science in Speech and Hearing from the University of Mysore, India.
• He is the co-founder and director for strategic planning for the non-profit non-governmental organisation Audiology India, for which he served as president from 2011 to 2015. The organisation seeks to foster ear and hearing health care in India.
About American Academy of Audiology
• The American Academy of Audiology is the world’s largest professional organisation of audiologists.
• The members look to provide hearing care services through education, research and increased public awareness of hearing and balance disorders.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.