The two-day India-United Arab Emirates (UAE) Partnership Summit is held from 30-31 October 2017 in Dubai to accelerate bilateral trade and investment between the two nations.
In March 2017, The Business Leaders Forum (BLF) which is a new umbrella organisation of business leaders in the UAE was set up under the guidance of the UAE Ministry of Economy, Embassy of India and Consulate General of India. India-UAE Partnership Summit 2017 is being organised under BLF.
Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and Shipping, Nitin Gadkari; Navdeep Singh Suri, Ambassador of India to UAE, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Chairman and managing director of Biocon Limited, Sultan bin Saeed al Mansouri, UAE Minister of Economy, Dr Ahmed Al Banna, UAE Ambassador to India are some of the notable speakers at the summit.
Following India-UAE strategic partnership, India will also be the Guest of Honour at the World Government Summit to be held in February, 2018 in Dubai.
Highlights of India-UAE Partnership Summit
• The theme of the summit was - Investment Implementation.
• The objective of India-UAE Partnership Summit is to accelerate bilateral trade and investment between the two countries.
• Execution of key projects in India with the support of UAE based businesses and investors.
• Key areas of focus during the summit were Healthcare, tourism, infrastructure and education.
• UAE business entity is created to support the strategic government-to-government partnership.
• The private sector of India and the UAE, especially the NRI business community has come forward to support the business entity.
The Business Leaders Forum (BLF) in brief
• Established in March 2017, BLF is a platform for interactive exchange of ideas and facilitating trade and investment between India and UAE.
• BLF Board is presided by Dr. Azad Moopen, founder Chairman & Managing Director, Aster DM Healthcare.
• It is aimed at addressing issues faced by Investors in both India and UAE.
• Facilitate services of Embassy, Consulate General of India and Ministry of Economy to Business Leaders, conducting exclusive meetings with visiting high level Business Leaders, Dignitaries, Ministers etc.