Infosys on 4 December 2014 appointed Stanford Professor John W. Etchemendy as an Independent member on its Board of Directors (BoD).
As per Infosys, Etchemendy’s joining will help the company to reinvent their core foundation of learning.
About John W. Etchemendy
• Etchemendy has been a faculty member in Stanford’s Department of Philosophy since 1983
• He is also a faculty member of the Symbolic Systems Programme and a senior researcher at the school's Centre for the Study of Language and Information (CSLI)
• Before joining Stanford, he served as the faculty at Princeton University for two years.
• He has authored several books and articles on logic
• He has been co-editor of the Journal of Symbolic Logic and on the editorial board of several other journals
Some Awards won by him includes
• In 1988 he received the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
• In 1992 he received the Bing Award for Excellence in Teaching
• He was awarded the Educom Medal in 1997 for leadership in the application of technology to the teaching of logic
When: on 4 December 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.