Jacques Kallis the South African all rounder of cricket will retire from test and first class cricket after the second Test against India in Durban. The decision of retirement was announced on 25 December 2013.
As per the South Africa Cricket Board, Kallis will play the game in the limited over formats. But Kallis will play in the 2015 World Cup for South Africa.
About Jacques Kallis
• Kallis made his debut in December 1995 against England
• He has played 165 tests and scored 13174 runs at an average of 55.12, which includes 44 centuries and 58 half-centuries
• At present he is the fourth top run-getters in Test cricket and second on the list of batsmen with most centuries in Test cricket after Sachin Tendulkar of India, who retired in November 2013
• He has taken 292 wickets in test matches at an average of 32.53
• As a fielder, in test cricket he has taken 199 catches and stands only behind Rahul Dravid in test matches
Boxing Day test match
A test match that starts on 26 December is termed as the Boxing Day test match. Basically, this match is hosted in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and involves cricket team and an opposing national team that is on a tour of Australia. It begins annually on Boxing Day (26 December) and is played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The Boxing Day Test forms part of the 5 match ashes series with England in every four years.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.