James Bond villain Richard Kiel died
Actor Richard Kiel who played steel-toothed villain role in two James Bond films died.
Actor Richard Kiel who played steel-toothed villain role in two James Bond films died on 10 September 2014 in California. He was 74.
Kiel made his name as intimidating henchman and steel toothed villain against Roger Moore, the James Bond.
• Born in Michigan in 1939, Kiel had the hormonal condition Acromegaly, which contributed to his height.
• His first break came in 1959 when he played the alien Kanamit in Twilight Zone.
• From 1963 to 1965 Kiel worked as a night school math instructor in Burbank, California.
• The towering American star appeared in The Spy Who Loved Me in 1977 and Moonraker in 1979.
• The 7ft 2in actor also appeared in the sports comedy Happy Gilmore starring Adam Sandler in 1996.
• He published an autobiography named Making It Big In The Movies in 2002.
• He reprised the character of Jaws for several James Bond video games and voiced the thug Vlad in the animated Disney film Tangled.