Justice DB Bhosale sworn-in as Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court
Justice Babasaheb Bhosale succeeds Justice DY Chandrachud who was elevated as a judge of Supreme Court in May 2016.
Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale was sworn-in as the Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court on 30 July 2016. His oath of the office was administered by Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik.
The post had been vacant since May 2016 after Justice Bhosale’s predecessor, Justice DY Chandrachud, was elevated to the Supreme Court. He retires on 23 October 2018.
Who is Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale?
• Born on 24 October 1956, Justice Bhosale belongs to a family of freedom fighters.
• His father Babasaheb Bhosale had served as Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
• He obtained a Degree of Law from Government Law College, Mumbai and joined the Bar in June 1980.
• During his illustrious career as a lawyer, he served as Chairman of the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Vice-Chairman of Bar Council of India.
• He was member of the Legal Education Committee for 3 years (1998-2000) constituted under the Advocates Act.
• He had the honour to be a member of the delegation representing Lawyers in India in the Common-Wealth Lawyers Conference held in September-1999 at Kaulalampur, Malaysia.
• He also led the delegation of Indian Lawyers to the International Lawyers Conference of I.B.A in 2000.
• He was elevated as a judge of the Bombay High Court in 2001.
•n Before being appointed as Chief Justice in Allahabad High Court he served as a judged in Karnataka High Court and Acting Chief Justice at the Hyderabad High Court.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App