Justice T S Thakur appointed Chief Justice of India
Justice Thakur will take over the office from 3 December 2015 as the 43rd Chief Justice of India.
The President of India Pranab Mukherjee on 18 November 2015 appointed Justice Tirath Singh Thakur as the Chief Justice of India.
Justice Thakur will take over the office from 3 December 2015 as the 43rd Chief Justice of India. His tenure will be till 3 January 2017.
About Justice T. S. Thakur
• Justice Thakur was enrolled as a Pleader in October 1972 and joined the Chamber of his father D.D. Thakur.
• He practised in Civil, Criminal, Constitutional, Taxation and Service matters in the High Court of Jammu & Kashmir.
• He was elected as the President of the Bar Association in 1986.
• He was designated as a Senior Advocate in 1990.
• He was appointed as an Additional Judge of the High Court of Jammu & Kashmir on 16 February 1994.
• He was transferred as Judge of the High Court of Karnataka in March 1994.
• In July 2004, he was transferred as a Judge of the High Court of Delhi.
• He was appointed as Acting Chief Justice of Delhi High Court on 9 April 2008.
• He took over as Chief Justice of the High Court of Punjab and Haryana on 11 August 2008.
• He was elevated as Judge of Supreme Court and assumed the charge on 17 November 2009.
• He was conferred Doctor of Laws (Honoris Causa) degree by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow on 31 October 2015.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App