K M Hanumantharayappa on 9 August 2016 assumed charge as the Chairman of Central Silk Board, Union Ministry of Textiles for a period of three years. He is the 25th Chairman of the Central Silk Board.
He succeeds N S Bissegowda.
About K M Hanumantharayappa
• Hanumantharayappa is a sericulturist and a weaver.
• He is a senior political leader from Bharatiya Janata Party and hails from Doddaballapura, a traditional silk weaving cluster in Karnataka.
• He is the President of Karnataka State Nekarara Horata Samithi.
• He had served as a Member to the Central Silk Board during 2000-2002.
• He also served as Chairman, Karnataka Silk Marketing Board (KSMB) during 2010-2013.
• He had been awarded with the Best Agriculturist Award by the Government of Karnataka.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 9 August 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.