Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) on 28 December 2015 appointed Gautam Adani’s son Karan Adani as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with effect from 1 January 2016.
Karan will take over the post from outgoing CEO Sudipta Bhattacharya, who is moving to the US to take over a Group position as CEO, North America.
Karan is the eldest son of the Adani Group's founder chairman Gautam Adani. An economics graduate from Purdue University, US, Karan has been associated with the group's ports business since 2009.
About Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone (APSEZ)
• APSEZ is India’s largest private multi-port operator.
• It is a part of the Adani Group, an integrated infrastructure corporation.
• The company was earlier known as Mundra Port & Special Economic Zone Ltd. changed its name to Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited on 6 January 2012.
At present, the company operates across eight ports in India:
• Mundra Ports
• Adani Hazira Port Pvt. Ltd.
• Adani Petronet (Dahej) Port Pvt. Ltd.
• Adani Murmugao Port Pvt. Ltd. (Goa)
• Adani Vizag Coal Terminal Pvt. Ltd. In Vishakhapatnam
• Adani Kandla Bulk Terminal Pvt. Ltd.
• Adani Dhamra Port
• Adani Ennore Port
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Japan and South Korea reached Agreement on Issue of Comfort Women
Union Cabinet approved construction of 69 bridges on trilateral highway in Myanmar
Union Cabinet approved MoU between India & Jordan for promoting cooperation in IT & Electronics
Dr Gyanendra D Bandgaiyan appointed DG of National Centre for Good Governance