KK Paul took over as the New Governor of Meghalaya
Former Delhi police Chief, KK Paul on 8 July 2013 took over as the new Governor of Meghalaya.
Former Delhi police Chief, KK Paul on 8 July 2013 took over as the new Governor of Meghalaya, after he was administered the oath of office and secrecy by the Chief Justice of Meghalaya High Court, T Meena Kumari at a simple function held at the Durbal Hall of the Raj Bhavan in Shillong.
About KK Paul
• KK Paul was the Delhi Police commissioner from February 2004 to July 2007 and became a member of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on 26 July 2007.
• He had also served in the Intelligence Bureau (IB) and the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW).
• He joined the IPS in 1970 and was granted the AGMUT (Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram-Union Territories) cadre.
• He also served as the chief of Arunachal Pradesh police.
• He completed his MSc and PhD in chemistry from Punjab University.
• He is married to Omita Paul who at present is secretary to President Pranab Mukherjee.
• He was also involved in managing the events like the Asian Games in 1982 in New Delhi and the Non-Aligned Movement summit in New Delhi in 1983.
• KK Paul had cracked the cricket betting racket in which former South African skipper Hansie Cronje was indicted.