Meira Kumar, the Speaker of Lok Sabha (Lower House of the Parliament) on 7 May 2013 unveiled the statue of former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and Founder of Telgu Desam Party N T Rama Rao in the Parliament.
The statue was donated by NTR’s daughter and Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Dr D Purandeswari.
About Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao
• N T Rama Rao also known as NTR was born on 28 May 1923 and died on 18 January 1996
• He was a film actor, director and producer by profession and his debut film was Mana Desam that was directed by L. V. Prasad in 1949. He starred in about 320 Telugu Films.
• In 1982, he founded the Telgu Desam Party (TDP)
• He served Andhra Pradesh as its Chief Minister for three terms from 1983 to 1995.
• He played an instrumental role in formation of the National Front Government, which governed India from 1989 to 1990 as a coalition of non-congress parties
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.