M F Farooqui on 1 April 2013 took over charge as the secretary of the Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
He replaced R Chandrashekhar who retired in the month of March 2013. Prior to his appointment, Farooqui was the secretary for the Department of Heavy Industries.
He worked in ministry only once many decades ago as a deputy secretary in between 1990-91 as a private secretary to the minister.
A brief insight Into MF Farooqui’s Career
• He is a post-graduate in Physics as well as a post-graduate in Business Administration.
• He has also worked as Chief Executive and Member Secretary of Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority
• MF Farooqui is a 1978 Tamil Nadu cadre IAS officer, from the Tamil Nadu Cadre
• He also had served as the special Secretary in the Ministry of Environment and Forests.
• His ealier postings include that as Principal Secretary, Government of Tamil Nadu in the Industries Department.
He has worked as Joint Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs, Union Ministry of Finance. In the mid-nineties he worked as Consul General of India in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.