Madhabi Puri Buch was on 21 March 2017 appointed as the Whole Time Member of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). She will the office for a period of three years.
This appointment marks the first time that a woman and a person from the private sector was chosen for a key post in SEBI.
So far, Members and Chairman at SEBI were mainly appointed from public sector institution such as the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Administrative Services (IAS).
About Madhabi Puri Buch
• Buch is currently serving at the New Development Bank in Shanghai.
• She is a management graduate from Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad.
• In a career spanning over 20 years, she has served at various roles in private banks.
• She started her career with ICICI Bank and went on to become the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at ICICI Securities Ltd from February 2009 to May 2011.
• In 2011, she left for Singapore were she joined Greater Pacific Capital LLP.
• Buch is also the Founder-Director of Agora Advisory Pvt Ltd.
Who: Madhabi Puri Buch
When: 21 March 2017