Noted scientist Madhav Dhekane on 1 July 2016 assumed the office of Director at ISRO Inertial Systems Unit (IISU), Department of Space, at Vattiyoorkavu in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Dhekane is the seventh director of IISU.
Who is Madhav Dhekane?
• Madhav Dhekane obtained a B-Tech degree in electrical engineering and an M-tech degree in Systems and Control from Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
• He had joined Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) in 1983.
• He holds wide experience and expertise in the launch vehicle control and guidance design, onboard software development and mission design, and analysis.
• He had also held various significant positions in ISRO such as Deputy Director, Control, Guidance & Simulation Entity at VSSC, Chief Controller at VSSC and Associate Director (R&D) at VSSC.
About ISRO Inertial Systems Unit
• The ISRO Inertial Systems Unit is a research and development unit of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
• IISU is located in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
• It specialises in inertial sensors and systems in satellite technology.
• Its specialized fields include the fields of launch vehicle inertial systems, spacecraft inertial systems, inertial sensors evaluation and simulation, inertial system production and more.
• The unit has the total capability to design, engineer, develop, qualify and deliver inertial systems for the entire Indian Space programme.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Madhav Dhekane
When: 1 July 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.