Hockey India on 10 July 2013 appointed Olympic Gold Medalist Maharaj Krishan Kaushik as the Coach of the Senior Men’s Hockey team of India. He replaced Australian Michael Nobbs as the coach of India after Sports Authority of India (SAI) sacked Nobbs for the poor performance of Men’s Team.
Krishan Kaushik has been deputed as the coach to assist High Performance Director of Hockey India, Roelant Oltmans till a new Chief Coach is appointed. He will join the training camp of the senior men team starting from 16 July 2013 at SAI Centre in Bangalore for the preparations for the 9th Asia Cup to be held in Malaysia from 24 August- 1 September 2013.
About Maharaj Krishan Kaushik
• He was the member of the gold medal winning team at 1980 Olympics in Moscow, this was the last Indian team to win a gold in Olympics
• Under his coaching, the India Men Team won the 1998 Asian Games, Bangkok and Indian women team won a bronze medal at the Doha Asian Games in 2006
• He is a proud recipient of Arjuna Award
• He retired from the post of Deputy Director of Sports, Government of Haryana
• He is the writer of the book The Golden Boot
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.