Maharashtra Government on 3 August 2017 launched MahaDBT and MahaVASTU, two online portals to streamline the process of Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
The portals were launched with an aim to bring in more transparency in construction sector and to provide direct benefits with 'Aadhaar' authentication.
• It is an Aadhaar-authenticated electronic mechanism that will enable direct transfer of benefits for over 40 schemes currently implemented by state’s various departments.
• It is based on Union Government’s DBT scheme and Aadhaar will be mandatory to claim benefits through this portal.
• It will help to speed up transfer of benefits and ensure transparency by minimising human intervention.
• MahaVASTU is an Online Building Permission Management System with an electronic workflow for sanctioning building approvals with full transparency.
• It will bring all building permission processes online with zero human intervention in all municipal corporations.
When: 3 August 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider