Former Union minister Manish Tewari was on 11 January 2017 appointed as a Distinguished Senior Fellow at the South Asia Center of the Atlantic Council, a leading US think-tank on policy matters.
At the council, Tewari will work on developing programmes that are aimed at strengthening US-India ties.
About Manish Tewari
• Manish Tewari is a senior counsel practising in the Supreme Court.
• He previously served as a Member of Parliament from Ludhiana.
• He is currently the national spokesperson of the Congress party.
• Tewari was the Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting from October 2012 to May 2014.
About Atlantic Council
• Headquartered in Washington DC, Atlantic Council has ten regional and thematic centres.
• Since its inception, the Council has administered programs to examine political and economic issues covering Asia, the Americas and other regions in addition to Europe.
• It is aimed at shaping the policy choices and strategies to create a more secure and prosperous world.
• Presently, Jr Jon M Huntsman is the Chairman and Frederick Kempe is the President of the Council.
• The South Asia Centre of the Atlantic Council fosters the programs that are sustainable and innovative from year to year.
Who: Manish Tewari
When: 11 January 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.