Microsoft appoints Sriram Rajamani as MD of India Research Lab
Microsoft Research Lab India was founded in January 2005. It is located in Bangalore. The lab conducts long-term basic and applied research in different areas, such as cryptography, security, and algorithms etc.
Microsoft on 11 August 2016 announced the appointment of Sriram Rajamani as the new Managing Director (MD) of its India Research Lab.
The appointment is effective from 1 August 2016.
Rajamani replaced Chandu Thekkath, who previously worked as Managing Director of the lab for two years.
Who is Sriram Rajamani?
• Rajamani is a renowned computer scientist.
• He holds a proven research and managerial track record spanning 17 years in Microsoft's research organisation.
• He has expertise in programming language design, security and privacy, cloud security and probabilistic programming.
• Prior to joining the India lab, he headed the software productivity tools group within Microsoft's Redmond research lab.
• He is a PhD holder in Computer science from University of California.
About Microsoft Research Lab India
• Microsoft Research Lab India was founded in January 2005.
• It is located in Bengaluru.
• The lab conducts long-term basic and applied research in different areas, such as cryptography, security, and algorithms etc.
• Microsoft Research India also collaborates extensively with research institutions and universities in India and abroad to support scientific progress and innovation.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App