The Ministry of Railways and TERI University on 23 November 2015 signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to set up Railway Chair on Sustainable Mobility at the premises of TERI University.
The MoU was signed by Rajiv Seth, Vice Chancellor, TERI University and Manoj Pandey, ED of Training and Man Power, Ministry of Railways. The Chair would focus and promote research on issues of sustainable mobility, use of energy efficient technology and green energy initiatives.
Highlights of the Railway Chair on Sustainable Mobility
• It will be called Indian Railways Chair for Sustainable Mobility.
• It will focus on research in various aspects of railways that emerged as a crucial mode of transport to achieve sustainable development in the country.
• It will aim for imparting knowledge and enriching professionals in all aspects of sustainability with a multi-dimensional perspective relevant to Indian Railways.
• The tenure of the Chair would be one year initially, extendable upon review.
• Annual funding for the Chair will be 20 lakh rupees.
• A Chair Professor would be appointed, who will be a nominee of the Ministry of Railways and will be selected by the Chairman, Board of Management of TERI University.
Scope of work of the Chair
• To provide leadership in conducting research and teaching in the area of Rail Transport including energy management
• Dissemination of knowledge in the area
• Advice to the Railways on specific projects related to the Chair
• Guide the research of at least one PhD scholar and two master’s level students in each year
• Developing at least one case study on Indian Rail Transport in a year, for training of Railways Managers
• Disseminating the research and case studies including testing facilities through seminars and presentations at the National Academy of Indian Railways
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Signed MoU
When: 23 November 2015