Mori village in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh will be developed as a smart village of global standards. Towards this endeavor, the partners in the project on 19 June 2016 announced that prototype will be ready by mid-December 2016.
Under the project, the village will be developed as a self-contained sustainable business model.
Features of Mori smart village project
• Mori is a small cashew-exporting village in Andhra Pradesh’s East Godavari district.
• The project involves using digital tools, real time information and uninterrupted internet connectivity.
• Under the project, the village will be equipped with fibre optic connectivity. Around 1900 households will be connected with 15 Mbps link.
• In order to strengthen brand image, e-commerce will be introduced to local villagers.
• For developing sustainable business environment, organic farming for shrimp hatcheries will be encouraged. Besides, direct marketing facilities will be offered to cashew farmers.
• To provide 24*7 power supply, uninterrupted power supply (USP) will be put in place.
• The Innovation Society of the Andhra Pradesh Government, the University of California at Berkeley, and several leading technology organizations including Google, Cisco, IBM, Ericsson are involved in the project.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Mori village
Where: Andhra Pradesh