Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare inaugurated the Mother and Child Tracking Facilitation Centre at the National Institute of Health and Family Welfare in New Delhi on 31 January 2014.
Mother and Child Tracking System (MCTS) initiative was launched under National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in December 2009.
Characteristics Features of MCTS
• MCTS is a name based web based service that captures the details of pregnant women and children up to 5 years and tracks delivery of due services to them
• MCTS aims to ensure that every pregnant woman gets complete and quality ante and post natal care and every child receives a full range of immunisation services
• Besides monitoring delivery of mother and child health (MCH) services, MCTS system makes use of opportunity to directly communicate with the ANMs, ASHAs and pregnant women and parents of young children on their mobiles
• It will also gather the data from the states on the health schemes and facilities reaching the beneficiaries and to evaluate them
• It will also generate awareness about their entitlements under various government programs and schemes
• The Facilitation Centre has 80 Helpdesk Agents (HAs) and will be operational from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The feature of free inbound calls will be added in the Facilitation Centre to seek guidance on health care related queries to both beneficiaries and health workers
This facility will also be used for
• Sending appropriate health promotion messages in voice and text to beneficiaries that are relevant according to the month of pregnancy or age of the child
• Transfer of Janani Suraksha Yojana benefits to pregnant women
• Transfer of ASHA payment directly into their account which will ensure that ASHAs receive full range of incentives payment timely and regularly
• Training of ASHAs through an Interactive Voice Response(IVR) System as per need and requirement
Where: New Delhi
When: 31 January 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.