A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between National Commission for Women (NCW) and HUDCO on 7 May 2013 in New Delhi. The MoU was signed by V P Baligar, IAS, Chairman & Managing Director (HUDCO) and K. Ratna Prabha, IAS, Member Secretary, National Commission for Women (NCW). The MoU was signed to improve living conditions of destitute women.
Major points of the MoU
• The importance of the MoU is that both the Ministries will be cooperating in elevating the condition and status of the marginalized and destitute women in India.
• This MoU is a part of Corporate Social Responsibility of HUDCO, under which focus will remain on providing better amenities of housing and other facilities such as drinking water, sanitation and electricity to poor and destitute women.
• HUDCO and NCW, under the MoU, agreed to co-operate and work together by utilizing their respective strengths for improvement of the living conditions of destitute women and also facilities like women hostels and remand homes.
• The two bodies entered into the MoU for improving the living conditions of destitute women on anything that is related to women welfare or development by enhancing the quality of their habitat.
• HUDCO and NCW shall cooperate in the areas of re-construction of existing structures where women in distress are housed, providing for living quarters, kitchens and toilets, construction of living quarters, kitchens and toilets in pre-identified sites.
• Under the MoU, NCW shall identify the areas where the activity or project has to be undertaken and HUDCO shall provide financial assistance for implementation of these projects along with technical advice.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.