National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited (NBCC) in the last week of May 2016 announced that it will soon launch a project aimed at cleaning River Ganga in Bihar.
In December 2015, the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation hired NBCC to carry out the feasibility study and conditional assessment of the river for entry-level activities in Bihar.
Detailed project reports have been approved the Ministry of Water Resources for three towns.
Key highlights of the project
• NBCC will undertake cleaning of debris.
• It will construct new ghats and modernise the existing ghats.
• It will repair and clean the river surface.
• It will construct crematorium and public facilities such as toilets.
• It will also set up a village drainage system in order to curb direct discharge into the river.
About National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited
• NBCC Limited is a Navratna organisation under category I.
• It is a Central Public Sector Undertaking, which trades publicly in the market and is largely owned by Government of India.
• It engages in the Real Estate Development & Construction business, and also provides project Management Consultancy.
• It is headquartered in New Delhi.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App