National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited (NBCC) in the last week of May 2016 announced that it will soon launch a project aimed at cleaning River Ganga in Bihar.
In December 2015, the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation hired NBCC to carry out the feasibility study and conditional assessment of the river for entry-level activities in Bihar.
Detailed project reports have been approved the Ministry of Water Resources for three towns.
Key highlights of the project
• NBCC will undertake cleaning of debris.
• It will construct new ghats and modernise the existing ghats.
• It will repair and clean the river surface.
• It will construct crematorium and public facilities such as toilets.
• It will also set up a village drainage system in order to curb direct discharge into the river.
About National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited
• NBCC Limited is a Navratna organisation under category I.
• It is a Central Public Sector Undertaking, which trades publicly in the market and is largely owned by Government of India.
• It engages in the Real Estate Development & Construction business, and also provides project Management Consultancy.
• It is headquartered in New Delhi.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
First International Conference on ‘Sustainable Water Management’ held in Mohali
UAE to double women’s representation in Federal National Council to 50 per cent
FAO Council approves India’s proposal to observe 2023 as International Year of Millets
Government notifies four commonly used medical devices as drugs