NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Rajiv Kumar, along with CEO Amitabh Kant, on August 30, 2018 unveiled a series of events to take place during the ‘Mobility Week’ from August 31 to September 6, 2018.
These events will be organised in the run up to ‘MOVE: The Global Mobility Summit 2018’ that will be held during September 7-8, 2018 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The Summit will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Events to be organised during the Mobility Week
• ‘Mobility Week’ will see 17 events in 7 days. These events will facilitate interactions with various stakeholders across the mobility domain.
• Events during the week will see participation of diverse groups such as start-ups, academicians, corporations, policy analysts, NGOs, civil society, and the government. The events will address disruptive changes in the mobility space.
• Fireside chats, academic conferences, policy roundtables, and thematic workshops will be held to help unite ideas, refine opinions and set the right contexts for more meaningful dialogues to take place at The Global Mobility Summit 2018.
• Events like the ‘Global Mobility Hackathon’ and ‘Pitch to MOVE’ will showcase the tremendous potential of India’s young generation.
• A workshop will be organised by Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) to deliberate on facets of public transport, shared mobility and last mile connectivity.
• A Seminar will be organised by Indian Railways, in partnership with NITI Aayog, on ‘E-Mobility in Indian Railways’ to bring project developers and other stakeholders on a common platform.
• To engage the science & technology community in the country, IIT Delhi on September 1, 2018 will host workshop on EVs (Electric Vehicles).
• As a run-up to the summit, NITI Aayog will be organising a cycle rally on September 2, 2018 to promote cycling and raise awareness about its role in mobility.
MOVE: The Global Mobility Summit 2018
• NITI Aayog, in collaboration with various ministries and industry partners, will organise ‘MOVE: Global Mobility Summit’ in New Delhi on September 7-8, 2018.
• The Summit will constitute three designated components – The Conclave, Digital Exhibition, and Featured Events.
• The Summit will see presence of over 1200 participants from across the world including leaders from the government, industry, research organizations, academia, think tanks and civil society.
Who: NITI Aayog
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider