NMDC Power Limited and IEDCL Signed MoU to Set Up JV Thermal Power Plant
An MoU was signed between the NPL and IEDCL on 21 August 2013 in order to set up the joint venture power plant of 500 MW at Gonda, Uttar Pradesh.
An MoU was signed between the NMDC Power Limited (NPL) and IEDCL on 21 August 2013 in order to set up the joint venture power plant of 500 MW at Gonda, Uttar Pradesh. The MoU was signed in the presence of Union Minister of Steel, Beni Prasad Verma and Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, Jyotiraditya Scindia, at New Delhi.
Major Points of the MoU
• The MoU was signed between Hari Sankaran, Vice Chairman and MD IL&FS and N.K. Nanda, Chairman, NMDC Power Limited.
• The MoU was signed for setting up 2x250 Mw Thermal Power Plant under Joint Venture at Gonda, Uttar Pradesh.
• The establishment of this power plant will encourage potential agro based industries, while also helping in ensuring better living and industrial growth in the region.
• The new project will facilitate faster development of the area and opening of newer avenues of employment for the people of Gonda.
• It is important to note that in Uttar Pradesh. There is 13.6 percent power deficit and various steps such as linking of different grids is under the way.
• The project would be completed by 2016.
• The approximate cost of this project is around 3000 crore Rupees.