Noted Hindi poet and a litterateur Nand Chaturvedi died on 26 December 2014 following a brief illness. He was 91.
• Born in 1923 in Jhalawar, Chaturvedi done his Master of Arts in Hindi from Rajasthan University.
• He retired as Professor of Hindi from Vidya Bhawan Rural Institute.
• Apart from teaching, he wrote poems and essays including Yeh Samai Mamuli Nahin, Shabd Sansar ki Yayavari- a collection of essays, Imandar Dunya Ke Liye.
• He was given Bihari Puraskar of K K Birla Foundation for his poem Yeh Samai mamuli nahin in 1996 and he also received Prasaran Sanmaan by Prasar Bharati.
• He was also honoured with Mira Puraskar, the highest literary honour of Rajasthan Government.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.