Noted Telangana poet and lyricist Guda Anjaiah died on 21 June 2016 at his house at Ragannagudem, Telangana following a brief illness. He was 61. He is survived by three daughters.
His songs both regaled and incensed supporters of statehood movement.
About Guda Anjaiah
• Anjanna was famous for his song Ooru manadi ra, ee vada manadi ra which was translated into multiple languages.
• He played a key role in Telangana movement, penning several songs that also found their way into films.
• His songs Rajiga ori Rajiga and Ayyoniva nuvvu avvoniva were played in Poru Telangana film based on Telangana movement during 2009-11.
• His novel Polimera described the dark days of 1975 Emergency.
• Anjaiah was born in Lingapuram village of Dandepalli mandal in Adilabad district in 1955.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App