Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) in Assam has become the first oil public sector undertaking (PSU) to adopt an online legal compliance system by introducing 'Legatrix'.
The cloud-based compliance management system was inaugurated by Managing Director S K Barua at the company’s corporate office in Guwahati recently.
What is Legatrix?
'Legatrix' is a one-stop solution for effectively managing the organisation’s legal and regulatory compliances through monitoring control at different levels.
It encompasses the requirements of laws such as labour, taxation, IT, commercial, export-import, corporate laws and other industry-specific laws.
This initiative will boost up NRL’s contribution towards the Digital India Mission and induce a greater transparency in its operations.
About Numaligarh Refinery Ltd
• The Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) was set up at Numaligarh in Golaghat district, Assam in accordance with the provisions made in the historic Assam Accord signed on August 15, 1985.
• It is a joint venture between Bharat Petroleum (61.65%), Oil India (26%) and Government of Assam (12.35%).
• The refinery has been conceived as a vehicle for speedy industrial and economic development of the region.
• The refinery has been able to display creditable performance since commencement of commercial production in October, 2000.
• With its concern, commitment and contribution to socio-economic development of the state combined with a track record of continuous growth, NRL has been conferred the status of Mini Ratna PSU.
• The present authorized capital of the company is Rs. 1000 crores and paid up capital is Rs. 735.63 crores.
• The refinery’s product range includes LPG, Naphtha, Motor Spirit ( MS), Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) Superior Kerosene Oil ( SKO) High Speed Diesel (HSD), Raw Petroleum Coke ( RPC ) Calcined Petroleum Coke ( CPC) and Sulphur.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports