Renowned playback singer P. Susheela Mohan in the last week of March 2016 entered the Guinness Book of Records for singing 17695 songs in 12 Indian languages.
On the other hand, Asia Book of Records also officially recognised Susheela for singing most number of songs in Indian languages.
While the Guinness Book of Records officially credited her for singing 17695 songs (solo, duet and chorus backed songs) in twelve Indian languages, Asia Book of Records recognised her for singing 17330 songs.
About P. Susheela Mohan
• Pulapaka Susheela Mohan, popularly known as P. Susheela, is an Indian playback singer.
• She is associated with the South Indian cinema for over six decades.
• She was the first playback singer to receive the first National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer in 1969. She went on to receive the same four more times in 1971, 1978, 1982 and 1983.
• She was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in January 2008.
• In a career spanning more than six decades, she has recorded numerous songs in various Indian languages including Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Hindi, Bengali, Oriya, Sanskrit, Tulu, Badaga.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: P Susheela
When: Last week of March 2016