Panruti S. Ramachandran, the Chairman of the Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) on 10 December 2013 announced his retirement from active politics.
He has also decided to quit from the post of Member of Legislative Assembly from Alandur constituency from where he was elected in 2011 Assembly elections.
Ramachandran of 76 year has handed over his resignation to the Assembly Speaker, P Dhanpal. He has retired on the health grounds.
About Panruti Ramachandran
• From 2011 he served as the Deputy Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Assembly of Tamil Nadu
• In 1967, he entered the Assembly on DMK ticket from Panruti constituency. Six times, he has been elected from the constituency, twice on DMK (Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam) ticket in 1967 and 1971, thrice on the ticket of AIADMK (All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam) in 1977, 1980 and 1984 and one time in 1991 as the candidate of PMK (Pattali Makkal Katchi)
• He has served a Minister for 15 years at portfolios of Transport, Local Administration, Electricity and Food
• He joined DMDK as the Chiarman in 2005
• He headed People’s Liberal Party from 1996 to 2005
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.