Renowned Pink Panther star Burt Kwouk passed away on 24 May 2016. He was 85. He is survived by his wife Caroline Tebbs and a son.
He was best known for playing Inspector Clouseau's manservant Cato in the Pink Panther films.
About Burt Kwouk
• Born in Warrington, Cheshire in 1930, Kwouk was raised in Shanghai until he was 17.
• Kwouk started acting when he returned to England in 1954 after 1949 revolution.
• His big break came 10 years later when director Blake Edwards offered him the part of Cato Fong, opposite Peter Sellers's Inspector Clouseau.
• He appeared in seven Pink Panther films opposite Peter Sellers as Clouseau's servant who regularly attacked his employer to keep him alert.
• Kwouk also appeared in three James Bond films including Goldfinger and You Only Live Twice.
• He also starred in BBC sitcom Last of the Summer Wine from 2002 to 2010.
• Kwouk had a long TV career, appearing in numerous TV shows including The Avengers and Doctor Who.
• He also played Major Yamauchi in the 1980s wartime television drama Tenko.
• He joined long-running sitcom Last of the Summer Wine as electrician Entwistle - a part that was written with him in mind.
• He was awarded an OBE for services to drama in the 2011 New Year Honours List.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App