PM Modi among Time magazine contenders for most influential people
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi features among the names of probable contenders for Times most influential people 2017 list.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi features among the names of probable contenders for Time magazine’s annual list of 100 most influential people in the world.
The official list comprising names of leading artists, world leaders, lawmakers, scientist and leaders in technology and business field will be announced by the magazine next month.
• The final voting rights to decide among the probable contenders will lie in the hands of the publication’s readers.
• The editors of Time will however, determine the ultimate honourees.
• Modi’s name had been among the magazine’s last year’s list of probable contenders as well.
• He was also named among the publication’s 100 most influential people in the world in 2015.
• In fact, former US President Barack Obama had written a profile for him in the magazine.
Indians in Times 100 most influential list 2016
The Indians who featured in the magazine’s 100 most influential people list 2016 include Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra, tennis star Sania Mirza, Indian environmentalist and political activist Sunita Narain, Indian American physician Raj Panjabi, Flipkart-founders Binny Bansal and Sachin Bansal, Indian born CEO of Google Sundar Pichai and the then Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Raghuram Rajan.
This year’s contenders
Among the list of probable contenders this year are US President Donald Trump, Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump and her husband Jared Kushner, First Indian American US Senator Kamala Harris, Russian President Vladimir Putin, UK Prime Minister Theresa May, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Chinese leader Xi Jinping, Pope Francis and actor and rapper Riz Ahmed.