PM Modi launches projects worth Rs 60000 crore in Lucknow
Some of the projects, which were launched on the event, include setting up of fiber or establishment of IT center for internet service in Uttar Pradesh with an aim to give a new direction to the state through such digital infrastructure.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on July 29, 2018 launched 81 projects worth Rs 60000 crore in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
All these 81 projects are part of the 1045 MoUs that were signed at the Uttar Pradesh Investors' Summit that was held on February 21- 22, 2018. Within a few months of the Investors’ Summit, the investment proposals for 81 projects amounting to investment of about Rs 60000 crore have now materialised.
The event was attended by Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and business tycoons like Adani Group chairman Gautam Adani, Aditya Birla Group’s Kumar Mangalam Birla, Essel Group chairman Subhash Chandra and ITC Ltd Managing Director Sanjeev Puri.
Highlights of the projects
• Some of the projects, which were launched on the event, include setting up of fiber or establishment of IT center for internet service in Uttar Pradesh with an aim to give a new direction to the state through such digital infrastructure.
• Reliance Jio Com would be investing Rs 10000 crores and BSNL would be investing Rs 5000 crores for laying optical cable network in the state.
• Infosys would be investing Rs 5000 crores and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) will be investing Rs 2300 crores to establish IT/TES centres across the state.
• Adani Power will invest Rs 2500 crores to lay 765 KV Ghatampur-Hapur transmission line.
• Paytm will invest Rs 3500 crores to build its headquarters and campus in the state.
• The government aims to create around 2.1 lakh jobs in the states through these projects.
• These projects will prove to be a big step in giving a new direction to Digital India and Make in India initiatives of the Union Government.
Uttar Pradesh Investors’ Summit 2018
• The UP Investors’ Summit was organised in the state from February 21- 22, 2018 with an aim to attract investments and promote industrialisation in the State.
• The Summit saw the signing of over 1000 MoUs.
• According to official sources, the worth of the MOUs was estimated to be more than Rs 3 lakh crores.
• The agreements were signed in various sectors including agriculture, food processing, dairy industry, tourism, information technology and MSME.
• The partner nations at the summit included the Netherlands, Japan, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Finland, Mauritius and Thailand.