Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 7 March 2017 released a special commemorative postage stamp on 100 years of Yogoda Satsang Math.
The Yogoda Satsang Math are the headquarters of Yogoda Satsanga Society of India (YSS). Its major aim is to reveal the complete harmony, basic oneness and common foundations of all true religions.
About Yogoda Satsang Math
• Yogoda Satsanga Society of India is a non-profit religious organization.
• It was founded by Paramahansa Yogananda in 1917.
• The society is known as the Self-Realization Fellowship in countries outside the Indian subcontinent.
• Mrinalini Mata is the current President of the YSS.
• The word ‘Yogoda’ was coined by Paramahansa Yogananda. The world is derived from Yoga, union, harmony, equilibrium, and da, "that which imparts".
• Paramahansa Yogananda is renowned for his book titled Autobiography of a Yogi. The book is an international bestseller.
• The HarperCollins featured the book in the 100 Most Important Spiritual Books of the 20th Century.
• YSS's headquarters, Yogoda Satsanga Math, is situated in Dakshineswar, Kolkata, West Bengal. The YSS oversees more than 180 Kendras, Mandalis, Retreats and Ashrams all over the globe.
When: 7 March 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.