President of India, Pranab Mukherjee on 14 July 2014 appointed Governors of five states, namely Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Gujarat and Nagaland.
People, who have been appointed as the Governors by the President are
• Ram Naik as the Governor of Uttar Pradesh
• Balramji Dass Tandon as the Governor of Chhattisgarh
• Keshari Nath Tripathi as the Governor of West Bengal
• Om Prakash Kohli as the Governor of Gujarat
• Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya as the Governor of Nagaland
Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya, the Governor of Nagaland will also discharge the functions of the Governor of Tripura, in addition to his own duties, until regular arrangements for the office of the Governor of Tripura are made.
The terms of these Governors will take effect from the dates the incumbents assume charge of their respective offices.
Apart from this, the President also accepted the resignation of Vakkom Purushothaman as Governor of Tripura.
When: 14 July 2014