President inaugurated Songs and Dances of Northeast event in New Delhi
The event was intended to showcase richness of Northeast to people living outside Northeast.
The President of India Pranab Mukherjee on 11 April 2015 inaugurated the first ever Songs and Dances of Northeast event in New Delhi.
The purpose of the event is to showcase the various facets of Northeast to people living outside Northeast.
Key features of Songs and Dances of Northeast
• It denotes a series of events planned by the North-Eastern Council (NEC) and Union Ministry of Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER) with an aim to attract investors and visitors to the region.
• A series of events will be held by rotation in different parts of the country in the coming months.
• Each event will be held in collaboration with one of the eight States of the region.
• The present event was organised in collaboration with Meghalaya.
The theme of events in this series will be determined on the basis of the characteristics of whichever State is hosting the event and the city in which it is being held.
• The necessary financial resources will be provided by the NEC.