President Ram Nath Kovind on September 18, 2018 launched the logo and the web portal for commemoration of 150th birth anniversary of Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi.
The logo and the portal was released in the presence of Minister of State for Culture (Independent Charge) Dr Mahesh Sharma and Secretary of Ministry of Culture, Arun Goel.
The logo was obtained through crowd sourcing.
The logo branding will be done in trains, metro rail, air India aircrafts, state roadways buses, government websites, e-mails, government stationery, calendar, government advertisements and digital signature.
The logo will also be used by Public Sector Undertakings, subordinate offices, and autonomous bodies that fall under Ministries or Departments of the Union Government.
Web portal on 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
• The web portal ‘http://gandhi.gov.in’ is participatory in nature and all the participating organisations will be able to upload their activities regarding commemoration on the website.
• It has a unique feature ‘Gandhipedia’ which will be a repository of Gandhian knowledge and will continue to grow with time.
• Information related to Gandhian literature, philosophy, audios and videos, rare photos are available in the portal.
• The web portal will identify visitors from different geography and serve them personalised information.
• Organisations & individuals can join celebration and submit their Karyanjali or work through an easy upload process.
150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi
• The 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi is observed in the form of two year long celebrations from October 2, 2018 to October 2, 2020 across the country and all over the globe.
• A meeting of National Committee headed by the President of India was held in May 2018 to draw out a plan of action for the mega celebration where a total of 92 suggestions were received.
• Of those 92, a total of 33 suggestions were approved by the Executive Committee headed by the Prime Minister to organise nationwide and worldwide commemoration.
• Accordingly, all Ministries and all State/UT Governments have initiated actions and these action plans have been uploaded on the web portal.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week