Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 October 2016 inaugurated 2016 National Tribal Carnival at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi. The carnival aims at promoting a sense of inclusiveness amongst the tribals.
About 1600 Tribal Artists from the various States/UTs performed carnival parade in their traditional attire during the inaugural ceremony.
• It was organised by Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs
• The four-day long National Tribal Carnival was planned t
preserve and promote various facets of the tribal life relating to culture, tradition, customs and their skills.
• The carnival will showcase and promote various facets of tribal culture on a large scale.
• More than 1600 tribal artists and around eight thousand tribal delegates from across the country are expected to take part in the carnival.
• Workshop on issues like Panchayats (Extension to the Scheduled Areas) Act, 1996 (PESA)- its implementation, benefit to tribal community and its drawbacks, Forest Rights Act (FRA) 2006 and its implications and reservation in politics and recruitment will also be part of the carnival.
• The events during the carnival will be a mix of live musical and dance performances, exhibitions, display of craft, fashion show, panel discussion, book fair etc.
• It saw participation of around 1600 tribal artists and around 8000 tribal delegates from States/UTs.
When: 25 October 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.