Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 24 April 2015 inaugurated India’s Healthcare Portal at the SAAARC Trade Mart in the Global Exhibition on Services, in ITPO, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
The portal is an authentic and dynamic information source which can effectively be used by any treatment seeker/potential medical tourist from across the globe.
At present, the portal covers 124 accredited medical facilities which include 93 medical centres, 30 Ayurveda and Wellness centres and 1 special category centre. 74 facilities are located in Tier I cites and the rest are in Tier II cities. The Healthcare Portal can be seen at www.indiahealthcaretourism.com
About the Healthcare Portal
• The Healthcare Portal was developed by the Department of Commerce, Union Government and the Services Export Promotion Council (SEPC)
• The portal is a comprehensive one-point information site and covers hospital-related and travel-related information on India
• The medical facilities on the Healthcare Portal are locatable by easy to search options by location, medical specialty, key procedures, language options available in hospitals and their certifications.
• The key medical and wellness procedures done by these institutions are highlighted.
• It also provides associated details like costs relating to treatment in hospitals in India, travel and visa formalities, last-mile connectivity, tariff options on stay, benefits of treatment in India, advance information on preparatory aspects in seeking medical care and others
When: 24 April 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.