13 February - 18 February 2016: Make In India Week
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 13 February 2016 inaugurated Make in India Week at the MMRDA grounds in Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai.
The week was launched with the theme design, innovation and sustainability in order to showcase India's manufacturing sector potential in the coming decade.
Highlights of Make In India Week
• Beginning from 13 February 2016, it will be held till 18 February 2016.
• It purpose is to attract foreign direct investment and give fillip to the Make In India initiative launched by the Union Government on 25 September 2014.
• It was attended by Prime Minister of Sweden, Finland, and Lithuania Stefan Löfven, Juha Sipilä and Algirdas Butkevičius respectively and Deputy PM of Poland Piotr Glinski among others.
• On its sidelines 3 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) were signed in the presence of Prime Minister.
• They were signed between Maharashtra Government and Twin Star, M/s Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages Private Ltd., Jain Irrigation Pvt Ltd and M/s Raymond Industries.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Make In India Week
When: 13 February 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.