Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 14 April 2016 inaugurated the Maritime India Summit 2016 (MIS 2016) in Mumbai. While inaugurating the summit, the PM invited investors to come to India.
Maritime India Summit 2016 is a maiden flagship initiative of the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India that provides a unique platform for participants to explore potential business opportunities in Indian Maritime Sector.
The two-day summit, which will conclude on 15 April 2016, will host forums to foster interaction between stakeholders through B2B and G2B meetings. It will also organise special sessions on investment opportunities in maritime sector, setting up of new ports and capacity augmentation of existing ports, development of inland waterways for cargo and passenger transportation, coastal shipping and other services related to Indian Maritime Sector.
The summit will project vast investment opportunities in each of the Indian Maritime States and Union Territories, including an exclusive partner country session by Republic of Korea.
The Summit will showcase exciting investment opportunities in:
• Shipbuilding, Ship Repair and Ship Recycling
• Port Modernization and New Port Development
• Port-based Industrial Development, Port-based Smart Cities and Maritime Cluster Development
• Hinterland Connectivity Projects and Multi-Modal Logistics Hubs
• Inland Waterways and Coastal Shipping for Cargo and Passenger movement
• Lighthouse Tourism and Cruise Shipping
• Renewable Energy Projects in Ports
• Other Maritime Sector related services (Financing, Legal, Design etc.)
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 14 April 2016