Noted film producer and Dada Saheb Phalke award winner Daggubati Ramanaidu died on 18 February 2015 in a hospital of Hyderabad. He was 78.
He was suffering from prostate cancer.
Ramanaidu is survived by his sons Suresh Babu (producer), Venkatesh (actor) and grandson Rana Daggubati (actor).
• He held the Guinness World record for producing the highest number of films (over 150) in several languages like Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Oriya, Punjabi and English.
• Later in his career, he turned to politics and was the Telugu Desam Member of Parliament from Bapatla in Guntur in the 13th Lok Sabha between 1999 and 2004
• He owned a production house, named Suresh Productions Pvt. Ltd
• In 2013, he was awarded with the Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian award
• In 2009, he received the Dadasaheb Phalke, Indian cinema’s highest honour
• He was born on 6 June 1936 in Karamchedu, Madras Presidency of British India
Some of his famous films were Staten Island (in English), Dilwaala (in Hindi), Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain (in Hindi), Kuch Tum Kaho Kuch Hum Kahein (in Hindi), Asukh (in Bengali), Jeevana Tarangalu (in Telugu), Soggadu (in Telugu), Preminchu (in Telugu), Dharama Devatha (in Oriya), Aswaradoon (in Malayalam), Singh vs Kaur (in Punjabi) and others.
Where: In Hyderabad
What: Died at the age of 78
When: 18 February 2015