R Thiruppathi Venkatasamy was on 6 July 2016 appointed as the Accountant General of Economic and Revenue Sector Audit of Tamil Nadu with immediate effect. His appointment was approved by the Union Government.
Venkatasamy is a 2000 batch officer of Indian Audit and Accounts Service.
About R Thiruppathi Venkatasamy
• Prior to this appointment, he was serving as the Senior Deputy Accountant General in the organisation of Comptroller and Auditor General Agartala, Tripura.
• He has earlier worked in various filed offices of Indian Audit and Accounts Department in different geographical locations; worked in Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
• He has a Master of Public Affairs degree from USA and Master of Science in Agriculture degree from India and a certificate in Auditing IT controls from Norway.
• He has a rich experience in planning and policy formulation, financing and implementation of developmental schemes and general administration.
• He hails from Virudhunagar district of Tamil Nadu.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 6 July 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.