Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on 11 March 2016 launched an online Clean My Coach service. The service allows travelers to get their compartments cleaned by sending an SMS or by using an app or a designated website.
The service was launched through Video Conferencing from Rail Bhawan in New Delhi/Northern Railway, Mumbai Central/Western Railway and Lucknow Jn/North Eastern Railway.
Salient Features of Clean My Coach service
• As per the scheme, for any cleaning requirement in the coach, passenger will have to send an SMS on a mobile number 58888. Alternatively, passenger can also use android app ‘Cleanmycoach Indian Railways’ or webpage ‘cleanmycoach.com’ for logging the request.
• Passenger’s request is immediately acknowledged via SMS on mobile phone along with a code.
• A message is also sent by the server to the mobile number of On Board House Keeping (OBHS) staff travelling on the same train along with the details of the passengers such as coach number, berth number.
• OBHS staff contacts the passengers, carries out the cleaning work as per demand.
• If the passenger is satisfied, he discloses the code received during acknowledgement and OBHS staff in turn sends the same code through SMS and the complaint is then treated as closed. If the passenger is not satisfied, he/she doesn’t disclose the code and the complaint is treated as not closed.
This Clean My Coach service was announced by the Railway Minister in his Rail Budget Speech of 2016-17.