Railways Ministry launches first-ever train with glass roof coaches on Visakhapatnam-Araku route
Coaches also feature LED lights, rotatable seats, GPS based info system, etc.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on 16 April 2017 flagged-off first-ever train with glass roof coaches on Visakhapatnam-Araku route through video conferencing from Bhubaneswar.
The see-through Vistadome coach on Visakhapatnam-Kirandul passenger train was launched with an aim to provide a delightful travelling experience of the picturesque Araku valley .
Highlights of the Vistadome coach on Visakhapatnam-Araku route train
• This specially-designed Vistadome air-conditioned coach is claimed to be a first-of-its-kind on Indian Railways.
• It has large glass windows and an observation lounge that offer passengers a panoramic view of the sites along the 128-km rail route from Visakhapatnam to Araku valley hill station.
• A unique feature of this Rs 3.38 crore 40-seat coach is the double-wide reclining passenger seats that can be rotated 360 degrees for a better sightseeing experience.
• The coach also has a glass-domed ceiling, automatic sliding doors and a multi-tier luggage rack.
• Coaches also feature LED lights, rotatable seats, GPS based info system, etc.
• Tourists will get to experience the breath-taking Anantagiri ghat section, Lambasingi, Borra caves and the tunnels along the route from the Vistadome coach, unlike the crammed train compartments.
• Currently, only one coach is attached to the train on a trial basis while one more will be attached later.